Due to its ideal, central location (only 20 minutes from the A10), gîte les Pompadour offers a lot of possibilities for excursions. Get lost in French villages, relax on a sunny terrace with a good glass of wine or a cup of coffee, taste delicious regional products and visit beautiful castles or an authentic flea market. Here you will find a small selection of the many sights and/or possibilities:
- The TGV takes you from Tours to the center of Paris within an hour, where you can go shopping or visit the many sights such as the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Notre Dame.
- Château de Grillemont is a 15-minute walk through beautiful nature, but there are many more beautiful castles in the area, such as Château de Chambord, Château d’Amboise and Château Chenonceau. If you are a fan of beautiful architecture, history and gardens, then you can indulge yourself here.
- Visit Chinon, a nice city one hour away, and its many, famous wineries and delightful wines.
- On just fifteen minutes driving you can taste (and buy) the specialty of the region, goat cheese made in Sainte Maure de Touraine.
- Book a flight in a hot air balloon in Sainte-Catherine-de-Fierbois and enjoy the beautiful French landscapes with its fields of gold.
- Discover the beautiful Amboise and Le Clos Lucé. The castle where Leonardo da Vinci lived the last three years of his life. It is now a museum about the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Visit the most beautiful zoo in France in Saint-Aignan, Beauval. The park has more than 3000 animals on 35 hectares, making it one of the largest animal collections in France and Europe.
- Wander through picturesque villages and towns such as Ligueil, Veigne, Tours, Loches and visit the weekly markets and taste the French atmosphere.
- “Futuroscope” is only 10 km from Poitiers. This is a very popular amusement park built around the themes of multimedia, cinematography and futuristic audio-visual techniques.
As you can see, there are more than enough options for a great holiday. We will do everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible.